Saturday, May 23, 2009

ROMA!

FINALLY made it to Rome! Long story short, I fell asleep in the airport in Amsterdam and missed my flight, so I had to get on a later flight. Finally got to the airport and Rome, and ofcourse my bag is the one bag they didn't load on the flight. So I'm still waiting for my luggage, but whatever it should be delivered to my apartment soon. My apartment is amazing! The location is awesome, super high ceilings, right on the river, etc. It's right next to the Piazza Trilussa where hundreds of people just hang around at night. I was way too jet lagged to go out last night, but I could hear people outside my window til like 6 AM. Today I got a cell phone, hopefully I have better luck with phones in Italy than I do in America. I started a tour but then got distracted by this market and wandered off. My roommates are cool and have a similar sense of humor so I'm stoked on that.

Right now it's "siesta" so I'm just at the cafe next to my apartment where people pretty much just sit around, drink espresso and chain smoke. Day in the life. Ciao!

These are the buzzers for my apartment. Note the "Colleen #1". Just in case I forget, nbd.

GOT EM.

The park by my apartment.




This is Michael Bolton. But in Rome.

That's me with Jesus voming water.



Bought some of these bad boys. Hoootay time!


This is the market that distracted me.

Outside my apartment.

Outside the university

No comments: