Monday, June 1, 2009

Julietta, Julietta

So I’m tryna nap the other day and I hear a ton of horns and people cheering, so I go to the living room window and I see people on bikes everywhere. Some people had signs protesting the use of oil, but I mainly gathered that it is Rome’s own “critical mass”. Talked to some of the bikers and they said they were just going to keep going until it got broken up by cops or something. Made me wish I had a bike here. Here are some pictures, and videos.



METALLICA











Yesterday we left for Tuscany at like 7:30 am, so exhausting. It was a great day, though. It blew my mind to even think that I was in the birthplace of Galileo, da Vinci, and Michelangelo. We saw some breath taking views. It was seriously so beautiful and incredible there. The town of Pienza is gorgeous. Architectually, it is designed around the idea of humanism. It's a renaissance town, so when it was redid humanism was a way of life for most people there. We stopped in little shops and had lunch at this small restaurant in Montepulciano. The wine tasting was nice, but a little crowded. Then we had a 5-course homemade lunch in a 13th century farmhouse run by a traditional Italian family, grandmother and her 6 children and 18 grandchildren. I could only really eat two of the courses, but the dinner was still great. So was the wiiine.

Tomorrow is a national holiday in Italy, Festa della Repubblica, to celebrate the Italy undergoing a republican form form of government. This means I have no class tomorrow!

A lot of these pictures are from Tuscany. The rest are just random. Enjoy. xx




Wine tasting.

Wine cellar. It was converted from an old prison.


Me tryna figure out where the wine comes out.

My new ring!

Triiippin' balls in Italy, bro. Shits MAD HYPHEY.


Cheese. All day, every day baby.





Bacio me through the phoooone

Good luck





Stephanie and an awesome view

Vineyard


I'M ON A BUS. TAKE A PICTURE, TRICK. I'M ON A BUS, BITCH.


This is what the steps outside my window look like every morning.

Guiliano


SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

At happy hour there is a free buffet, holla



Bromance in Italy. I can't even talk about. These guys were idiots, except one of actually hilarious and successfully made me laugh until I cried for the first time since I've gotten here!

No comments: