Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Do you have Old E?

Finally did some more sight seeing yesterday. It was drizzling a bit in the morning but ended up being a beautiful day. Right now I'm sitting at this cafe by my school (thankfully) enjoying some alone time. This guy Brian who goes to JCU took us all around the city yesterday. He is 35 and one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. He's studying to be a history professor, and he's actually going to look at Princeton for his masters after this, so maybe I will show him the epic sights of New Jersey (...from the club to the grease trucks).

Sorry if my toursity pictures get boring, but it's all I really have to attempt to describe what I am seeing every day when I walk outside my door. Pictures don’t do justice to how amazing the art and architecture is here. I’ve never had a huge appreciation for Ancient Roman art before this, which is why I’m in such shock. The attention to detail is mind blowing. Attempting to take everything in literally almost gives me anxiety.

Today I woke up early and finished some assignments I've been putting off. I also watched the film I Cento Passi. Highly recommend it. I stayed in last night, which was such a relief because I've gone out every night since I've gotten here and I was starting to feel very worn out. I just sat in my window listening to the Pixies and drinking some wine by myself, and it was so refreshing.

I need to go to the Indian restaurant next door! They play awesome music which flows into my bed room window, and the smell is INCREDIBLE. That, and I’m craving Indian food. I attempted to go Monday, but I guess they are closed on Mondays. Oh well.

Okay, I'm off to make dinner. Ciao! xx


There are these ruins that are fenced in where about a dozen cats just hang around all day.

CAT PARTY IN ROMA

MATT MANCINI WEARS A BIKINI DRINKIN A MARTINI (I miss you xo)
"I GOT THE BEST SOUVENIR EVER"

Trevi fountain

I'm still goth, mom


PASSED OUT AT THE PANTHEON

Back of the Pantheon.
Still the original doors of the pantheon. Wood covered in bronze.

Pantheon

The following is an outdoor exhibition done by this street artist.
It was all along this curb (looked cooler in person, no offense).

"Self Service"

"Stop It Lilli!"


Artist holding "Lilli" on a leash


"A Whole LOAD of money"

"Waiting room"



"In case of Emergency, Break Glass"


"Artwork stolen"



St. Peter's in Vatican City


EYE OF THE TIBER

YOUR CARS SUCK I'M SO MUCH BIGGER, NO OFFENSE

Attempt at self time....failed.


They call it an "irish pub" because they serve Guinness.




No comments: